The Sun, Earth and The Moon Orbiter Model
Description / The Sun, Earth and The Moon Orbiter Model
Use this model to help demonstrate day, night, seasons and phases of the Moon in your classroom. Students have common misconceptions why the Sun “disappears” at night time or that the Sun moves behind hills or the Moon. By using this model you can investigate the following:
- How the Earth’s rotation causes day and night.
- How the Earth’s revolution around the Sun and the tilt of its axis causes seasons.
- Why the Sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- Why there are eclipses and more.
- The Sun, Earth and the Moon revolve around one another on this gear driven model.
Includes teachers activity guide. Requires 2 x AA batteries (not included). Measures 410 x 300mm tall and the Sun measures 150mm diameter.